Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Aboriginal Angel Doll Project


This is an initiative undertaken by a recent acquaintance of mine, Gloria. I will be interviewing her later this week for next weeks radio show. In her own words, "100 Dolls to promote a vision of the Aboriginal women who are missing or have been murdered, to one of dignity and honor. British Columbia must stop housing conditions that are conducive to Native Women being hunted down and killed."

I commend Gloria for her efforts to address this vital issue in her own unique way, through art. As an Indigenous man, I feel that we have a sacred responsibility to do everything in our power to respect, uplift and care for our Indigenous grandmothers, mothers, aunties, sisters, daughters, and nieces. Find out more about her project and the gathering she is organizing here.

cuu,

W

1 Comments:

At 10:40 AM, Blogger Na'cha'uaht said...

I hear what you are saying and I have to say the matter did cross my mind but I thought of two things: 1. The project and issue was so overwhelming, I was not going to get into what would be a semantic debate and; 2. The distinction between "Indigenous" and "aboriginal" is a relatively recent one, in the discourses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home